Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Case System update for Amazo

When I worked on and fleshed out the verbal system for Amazo I forgot to go back and update the Case notes. So there have been a few updates, and including a few redundancies that are making the system a bit complex. For example when someone is punished such as in the sentence, "I was punished for what I did." The first part I was is in the Dative case because 'I' was given punishment. The second part I did is in the genitive because I am then owning my action that caused the punishment.

Another update is the usage of emphatsis in Amazo. Unlike Ancient Greek, Amazo does not have a separate ending or inflection for emphatic usage. What it does is assume the vocative case towards the part of the sentence that needs to be emphasize. What this means is if you are emphasizing something such as "I did do it" the part about 'did' would be replaced by the Vocative marker before the emphasize unit of the clause.

To say hello in Amazon one says, "Arteɲei Shuɲle" which means Artemis with you.

To say good bye, one says "Fyhen Shush" which means Spirits to you.

Kind of simplistic but these are the two basic greetings / farewells I have right now. Enjoy that and updated case system :)

No comments:

Post a Comment