Saturday, October 15, 2011

A little bit of history...

As I'm developing the history and language of the Amazons I'm having to invent other peoples for them to interact with. One of these groups is a tribe from their holy text called the Angha Vehrkanam, or in rough avestan "those of the wolf". And I mean rough, this is kind of a conlanged name so anyway.

A little bit about the tribe.

The Angha Vehrkanam were lead by a man named Black Wolf. A man of hot temper and violent nature, it was his eventual temper that leads to the death of one of the daughters of First Chieftain (the very first Amazon). However from this encounter and the eventual duel that kills the man, the Amazon tradition of what is called "The  Guarded Path" is founded. What this pretty much means is that through dueling and fighting another tribe the Ancestor Tribe of the Amazon nation founded the first principals of their people's martial art.

So as I work on this I'm having to do some serious editing to my earlier notes of Amazon as I prepare to write up a document for the main website. The main issue is the usage of a classical greek word, Kata, in the genitive. If I can get that down and then decided how the Amazons what case the Amazon word for Path is in the name for their martial art I'll be closer to finishing Part 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment