Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sin' ages by one year and a bit on Amazo Reflexives

So I turned 22 today awesome!

Anyway, a quick bit on what I am considering for Amazon reflexives. There is already a somewhat reflexive nature to middle voice in that it is used to describe an action was committed against the person by themselves. In a way this is a reflexive which makes me decide that middle voice is how the Amazon's express an action they did themselves. This only applies if the experience of the action is in fact the one stating the usage of the reflexive so "I am myself" may use the middle voice, where as "I cooked dinner myself" uses the ablative case on the one committing the action. This means that the action was done "of" the agent, therefore the agent acknowledging they did the action.

Kind of confusing but it's to prevent the confusing of who is committing what action against whom.

No comments:

Post a Comment